The Bland's

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Savannah's 1st beach trip

The week before last we had amazing weather. It was 95 in Thousand Oaks, so we decided to head down to the beach for the afternoon. It was Savannah's first time at the beach. From the moment we got there until the moiment we left she ate sand. Now I recall Madison taking a taste here or there when we first took her as a baby, but she never ate it like it was a meal. Savannah literally shoveled sand in her mouth and ate it. I am not one of those moms that are concerned with sand or even dirt for that matter in the mouth. Afterall that is what babies/kids do. But we finally had to call it a day after two hours of sand shoveling. Enough was enough.
We headed back to Gammy's house for a dip in the pool. It was her first time in the pool too and she loved!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh...it didn't make her sick? I remember eating dirt once as a kid and I throw up so much! Well, I guess there is no accounting for taste! Glad she had a good time. :)

Tania

April 30, 2009 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Christi and Abbey said...

That is so funny about Savannah and the sand. Love her little swimsuit. Can't wait to have Abbey playing with your girls again.

May 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Teacher Mary said...

I am with Christi--very funny about sand eating! I just imagined that a kid would taste it and not like it! Who can figure??? Both of the girls looked so cute--I just loved the hats! I am glad you all escaped the heat and had such a great time! Did the girls paddle in the pool?? Lots of Love and Prayers!

May 11, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home